Friday, April 8, 2011

NaPoWriMo Sonnet #8

Dear Congress,

I threw a jellybean from a second tier perch
at Harbor Place into the cleavage of
a heavy woman (think Janice Soprano) a tier below
maybe a faint "click" as the bean wedged &
the woman seized her heavy bosoms a-moaning
I thought perhaps enraptured in the moment
(the flavor, in my recollection, was Very Cherry)
or she was moving that bean around her brassiere good
"Oh!" she said, as she re-seized her bosoms
a few (people) stared & a few (people) pointed
but mostly malleted the fuck outta they crabs //
Some fun, huh? // I was 12, Security chased me //
I wanted you to know this story on the eve of
The Shutdown, cause "it ain't no pleasure in life" huh? //

Yrs, Constituent

4 comments:

Unknown said...

would never have seen your blog had you not been honored as our daily poet on napo. am liking your stuff. will follow. salute.

Jodi said...

dammit. i left that comment under my other account, which is clearly not ME but a business account. HERE is ME...

WyomingDiva said...

Enjoyed the letters. Keep up the good work, constituent. And, very cool that NaPo pointed you out to all of us aspiring poets!

DAN / DANIEL GUTSTEIN said...

Thanks for your kind words & dammits fellow NaPoWriMoes! Keep up the good work. -------BA